Monday, March 4, 2019

On Selling, Shipping, and saying Goodbye

If you are a follower of this blog, you'll know that I  haven't posted in a while. In 2016, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I have the second worse kind of Parkinson's (the first being 
lewy body dementia.) In three months, I lost 25 pounds without trying. My form of the disease has progressed fairly  rapidly, and now, two and a half years later, here I am in stage 3-4 . My mobility is severely restricted, I have almost no sense of balance and I fall - a lot.

I have discovered that there are a lot of things I need to curtail. I've given up hope of ever having a clean house This blog and the accompanying adwords is getting to be a chore. I'm battle-fatigued and worm out. So now, I worry about you, my readers, and of course, the dolls. Will they ever be looked.at agan? Do l  think children  will ever imagine ice skating with Sonja Henie or playing with Deanna Durbin and Judy Garland again? Not unless they are the stars of  a new high definition in-tense stereo video game!


OR,...no  -  you who love and appreciate these babies will take up the torch  and pass your appreciation on to other generations. To this end: I am announcing that I am selling off my dolls, with a few exceptions. Unfortunately, I can only ship to U.S. addresses  because I haven't been able to find a shipping company with reasonably priced offshore tracking. If you are outside the United States  and are willing to pay upwards of $200 for  tracking, let me know.  We'll  talk! How it works is this:

1. Send me a Private message and tell me which doll(s)  you are interested in. You MUST have a Paypal account.
2.  Make an offer on the doll (s.)
3.  If  the offer is  accepted, I will send you  an invoice via Paypal. If your offer is too low, or if someone has made a better offer than you, I will let you know and you will have the opportunity to revise your offer. 
4  .All payments must be made in U.S.A. dollars.within a week of you being notified of your win.
5.  Shipments go out on Saturdays.
6.  I'm sorry, I don't do  returns. These dolls are ''One size fits all."

 I invite you to peruse this catalog,of sorts, and make a reasonable offer.

Yours sincerely
Melle O.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Melanie, I found your blog today by chance when I was looking for information about Pedigree dolls. I am also a collector of dolls and I know what it costs to separate from them. I was very touched by this post of yours. I wish everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mica, Melle passed away a few months after writing this. She was a thoughtful person, and is still very much missed.
      I'm not sure what happened to her dolls.

      Delete